Friday, January 12, 2007

The Adventures of Malcolm MacDoogle, British-Scottish Driver
Part Two!

So then I sauntered over to the Jap kiosks to eat the rice and get it over with. I must say I dislike me Far East cars. They are too wacky, too "out there", and just not inspirational. So let's get this over with...


So the first car I had to pull out o' me arse is the the new Honda Accord Concept. All I have to say is "bleh". Ya, sure, it looks a million times better than their previous chunks-on-wheels, but it still won't replace a good Vauxhall.


So where did I see this car before? Ah, yes, the Audi kiosk. The new R8, methinks. Now "Acura" has their oddly similar take on the flatty, angulary sports car. Disgraceful, says I. No curves! No lines! Everything's chopped here and chipped there. Blimey!


Yeh, he's one of them strange "alternative fuel" cars. Toyota's made it. Hybrid, says they. Runs on streetlamp gas and electricity pioneered by a guy named Thom Edison, apparently. The fast-talking announcer also said something about "preserving the planet". Don't really know what the bloody hell that means.


And now to finish with something closer to decent. A "Lexus" concept that looks oddly like a cross between Porsche's Carrera GT and a seriously-broken 1980's American concept car. Can't really place it. Does me highly-evolved brain like it? Or should I down a couple of pints before I analyse it?

Phew! That's as far as I want to go with these so-called automobiles! Next time, I'll look at some German, Italian, and possibly French cars. Cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home